11.3.11

antique sofa makeover



I'm doin' some sprucing up around these parts, a little spring cleaning if you will, and I decided It was time to lighten and brighten my family room. I started decorating my home five years ago with lots of chocolate browns, tans and very little color. But my new years resolution was to stop being afraid of color and I'm makin' good. I will admit you'll find color in places like throw pillows and accessories, but it's still color right?

Jilly found this antique reproduction on CL for $80 and bequeathed it to me after her last move. I found the perfect spot for it in my family room and I LOVE it there. While hanging out at my place one afternoon, Jilly suggested I paint the wood dirty white. It was a good as done.

My {Club Project} day was just around the corner so I added this task to the list. Here's the beauty all taped up and ready to paint. Even though I'm pretty visual, I still get butterflies right before the first brush stroke.
Here goes.....



A little sneak preview.....ooooooooh ya!







I love it even more then I thought I would!


My neighbor (who happens to be of the male persuasion) thinks painting wood might be as offensive as breaking all 10 commandments. Men.

What do you think?

18 comments:

  1. Your couch looks happy and fulfilled! I bet she always wanted to be freshened up with a coat of white so you just made her day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Your neighbor would be highly offended to know that I'm contemplating painting ALL of the wood trim in my house. Of course I haven't had the guts to tell hubby yet either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just convinced myself that I needed to STOP constantly prowling CL and that I really didn't NEED a "new-but old" couch (also looking for two amazing-shaped chairs). Well, your beautiful couch just unconvinced me...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White is bright and happy...LURVE IT so much! I found a similar couch at an estate sale and let my friend buy it...the worst decision I ever made...I long for that thing on a daily basis...will I ever find another for $99? Doubt it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dang Sarah! well I guess if that's the WORST decision you ever made, I'd say you've got a good thing goin'.....right?

    Thanks girls for all your lovely comments. We love feedback as much as we love a smokin' deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. สล็อตแตกง่ายNice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. สล็อต 999Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.

    ReplyDelete
  8. สล็อตxoGreat job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. สล็อตวอเลทI think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. บา คา ร่า วอ เลทNice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. เว็บตรงสล็อตI think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. บา คา ร่า วอ เลทI found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคารA very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. เกมสล็อตI think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  15. สล็อตเว็บใหญ่Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments and we read every single one. Go ahead, make our day!
Mia & Jilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...