18.10.11

SALE of the year and a scary door

First of all, an announcement for the amazing sale that some of our very best girls are putting on this weekend.  The address is 19395 E. Carriage Way in Queen Creek.  Main crossroads are Sossaman and Queen Creek.



Trust me when I say you will not want to miss this event!  These girls are uber talented and have been working their fingers to the bone.  Plus, they just got home with a U-Haul from the Pasadena Flea Market.  Have you ever been?  Our girlfriends picked up some of the very best stuff for YOU!  There will be a little bit of everything there, and it's going to be a great time.  Maybe we will see you there?  Hope so!

Halloween is looming, and I am struggling to get in the mood this year.  My dear boys kept asking me when we could decorate our front door, and I kept putting them off.  Then I saw an inspiration photo on (what else?) Pinterest and knew it was the ticket to pleasing my offspring.  Simple bats, cut out of black felt, and duct taped to and around the door.  Done.


The little guys were so pleased with their work.  I think they did a great job!  I just added a few pumpkins I painted several years ago, and gave the porch a monochromatic, but festive look for under $5.  You have to use the stiff felt and I found mine at Hobby Lobby.  Just find a bat pattern, fold it in half, and trace the pattern with chalk onto your folded felt.  Cut just inside the chalk line.  Couldn't be easier.  Kids can do it.  It will keep them busy for at least 20 minutes.

Hope you local girls can make it to the big sale this weekend.  You might want to ask for your Christmas money early this year!  I'm really not kidding.

4 comments:

  1. Those bats are just what I need for our blah porch! And with cream walls it will really stand out! Thanks. J in Mesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I found a tute for these bats a few weeks ago. And they saved me 2 weeks ago when I wanted to do something cheap and fun with my toddler. But I used electrical tape instead of duct tape and half have fallen off already. :) Let us know how duct tape holds up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please tell me how you got your bats to stick? I did these two years ago and used duct tape. That did not work :(

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments and we read every single one. Go ahead, make our day!
Mia & Jilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...