5.7.11

Progress.....

Here are a few teasers to show you things I have been working on this summer.  Not one of these projects has been completed, but they are each well on their way!  And I am so excited to be making progress!


Sometimes I get really discouraged about all the projects around our home that I would like to complete that aren't finished yet, or worse yet, not even started.  To combat those feelings, I made a list of the things we have done, just in the kitchen since moving in a year ago.
1.  Replaced the dishwasher
2.  Replaced the sink with a drop- in farm style model (that I LOVE!)
3.  Replaced the single wall oven with new double ovens (a lifelong dream come true!)
4.  Replaced the cooktop
5.  Replaced the kitchen faucet
6.  Converted one of the cabinets into a slide-out that holds two big waste baskets
7.  Made curtains for the window over the sink
8.  Installed a new chandelier and bamboo blinds in the breakfast nook.


Now that list makes me feel good, and helps bring into focus how much money and time have been spent completing each task.  It also helps me realize that I couldn't have accomplished any of them without the help of my husband.  I know he doesn't understand WHY I want to do half the things on "my list", but he just gives me a cute smile and agrees to help me when I need him.  Thanks babe.
If you are feeling discouraged about unfinished projects or ideas, I challenge you to look around and make a list of all the things that you have been able to complete.  After looking at my list, I felt so blessed and thankful, and I just know you will too.
After you make your list, make some of this....


 Creamed Lemonade
1 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup heavy cream
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and 1 cup of the water.  Heat until the sugar has dissolved.  Remove the pan from the heat and cool until it is room temperature.  In a pitcher, add the lemon juice, and the syrup. (room temp or chilled)  Stir in the remaining 3 1/2 cups of cold water and the heavy cream.  Serve over ice. {I have a full pitcher chilling in my refrigerator at all times!}
Your list of completed projects, coupled with a glass of this heavenly stuff will certainly brighten your day, I promise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments and we read every single one. Go ahead, make our day!
Mia & Jilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...