5.4.11

the BEST apple pie

Scrumptious Apple Pie. It's a cinch!

Does the thought of making a pie send you into involuntary convulsions or make you break into a cold sweat? Well I'm about to change your life....for reals. This is the easiest pie on the planet, and the best thing, it's absolutely delicious!

Whip one up today, you probably have everything you need on hand. Your husband will want to renew his vows, your kids will nominate you for Mother of the Year, and your friends will be jealous, seriously.


Crust:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
teaspoon salt
1/2 c. oil
2 Tablespoons cold milk

Mix together with your hands, and press into the bottom of a 9" pie plate.

Filling:

4 c. thinly sliced apples, peeled and cored. (I used a combo of Fuji and Granny Smith. Mixing two different varieties of apples in a pie always tastes better. My hint to you...actually mommy's hint to you.)
1 1/2 c. sugar 2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix well and mound into crust. It will be really full. Don't worry, the apples cook down a bit and it will be perfect.

Topping:

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 cube of butter

Mixture should resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the pie. Place pie in a brown paper grocery bag, that's right, just a regular brown, paper bag, then put the bag on a big cookie sheet.


Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes.


Serve with whatever you like best.....a tall glass of milk, vanilla bean ice cream, or my personal favorite, heavy whipping cream. 

*Note-As I put it in the oven, I realized the bag was a little too close to the heating element. Since I really wasn't in the mood for a kitchen fire, I pulled it back out and stapled the back down a bit. I would suggest you do the same, unless you look really cute and would like a friendly visit from your local fire fighters....
Move over Martha.


7 comments:

  1. I can almost smell it now...
    Curse you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and it was the best apple pie I ever made. I have made a few Martha Stewart Pies but this was EASY and wonderful especially the crust. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work.สล็อตทรูวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.สล็อตแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your mouthwatering apple pie recipe and the promo. Your passion for baking and attention to detail are truly inspiring. May we all continue to find joy in the art of baking and creating inviting spaces where we can savor delicious desserts like your homemade apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mention of the discount brings to mind the affordability and accessibility of creating a cozy and inviting dining space.

    Discount furniture recliners, known for their quality and comfort, perfectly complement the concept of indulging in homemade apple pie.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments and we read every single one. Go ahead, make our day!
Mia & Jilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...