18.11.10

tom and tabetha


Mommy, Daddy and I found ourselves visiting family in Nebraska early this October. It was absolutely beautiful, laden with cornfields and all the trees with their leaves changing colors. Definitely one of the most relaxing trips I've taken in a long time.

Right before we caught our plane home, we popped into Z Gallerie. My eye was immediately drawn to a stunning, white table scape which included some creamy white, ceramic turkeys. I was in love.......but not with the price tag, with the idea of finding a couple little gobblers whose price wouldn't make me hurl my turkey dinner.
You can bet I found myself at the local Goodwill, and what to my wondering eyes did appear? TOM & TABATHA, valued at $2.99 each.



After a good washing and a 5 minute spray paint job, look at them! We absolutely can't wait to tuck this darling couple into our Thanksgiving tablescape this year!
Next Thursday afternoon there will be 25 of us enjoying Thanksgiving dinner at Mia's, then we'll carpool over to my home for a dessert buffet that evening. Just thinking about it gets me giddy!
That trip to the midwest with my parents made me realize once again how much I really love them. I am more and more thankful for them the older I get. Wow, it's hard to raise kids, and they did it 6 times. One things' for certain, they gave it their very best and I think they did an amazing job.
xoxo, Jilly

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you did with the turkeys! I have some pheasants that look similar--but like your "before" picture. Can you tell me what kind of spray paint you used?
    Love your site! Ya'll are one of my "FAVES".
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I have several white ceramic turkeys that I display year round, and I've also spray painted a few too! We live on a turkey farm and I love having them in the house, too.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments and we read every single one. Go ahead, make our day!
Mia & Jilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...